Thursday 21 February 2013

Nails Inc: Feather Effect Collection

I snapped up this trio of Nails inc Feather Effect polishes from QVC as soon as I saw them come online as I've been so excited about trying them! They are part of Nails Inc's brand new 'textured range' of polishes so are very unique. They are kind of like glitters only long strands/fibres instead of rounds or hexagonal pieces and they're not shiny or sparkly, it did look like feathers on the nail to me! You can just build them up on their own but I wanted to layer them over a base colour because I thought it would look nicer.
 
Yes, they are difficult to remove! Although not really any more difficult than a normal glitter polish, just takes a little patience. 
 
 
 
L-R: Cornwall, York, Chester


Cornwall: Has bright cobalt blue and white fibres in a clear base. I have layered two coats over a white base coat, I used Barry M Matte White. These polishes practically drink up top coats! I wanted to create a smooth finish because that's generally how I like my nail polish and I ended up needing 3-4 coats of top coat to make it smooth to touch, so quite a lot! I decided to use one of my cheaper top coats though so I didn't waste a nice one and then some quick dry on top - sorted!






 
 
This one I thought looked absolutely STUNNING! The look kind of made me think of those beautiful blue and white patterned china vases or plates. I adored wearing this one!
 
 



York: This one has a peach and white feather fibres in a clear base. I have layered two coats over Barry M Matte White again. I loved the peachy tone it's really pretty and perfect for spring/summer.







Chester: This is the one that appealed most to me when I first saw it in the bottle because of it's muti coloured pastels! It has blue, peach and yellow fibres in a clear base. I layered this over Barry M Mint Green as I thought it would go well with the feather colours.




 

 
Overall I really love this range they are so unique and pretty, what do you think? Cornwall definitely was my favourite! Like I said above, to get a smooth finish you need about 4 coats of top coat because the feather fibres practically drink it! But just use a cheap one and a bit of quick dry on top and you're sorted. I'm looking forward to trying some of them over different coloured bases and I'm thinking of trying Chester again over a white base. There is another feathers shade that has just launched on the Nails Inc website called Edinburgh that I'm keen to try.
 
You can buy the Nails inc Feather Effect Polishes from the Nails Inc Website (£11)

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous pics hun, almost makes me want to buy them :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. my thoughts exactly Janet, I wasn't sure about the coloured feathers but they look so pretty here!!! especially Cornwall :)
    Really lovely Katie

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I love Cornwall so much, that would be the one I'd recommend x

      Delete
  3. how long did you wear it before it chipped or cracked? im interested to know this as mine did not last a day although i only had two topcoats on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine lasted a good 4-5 days before chipping badly. I had to touch up the odd one after a couple of days I think and I think I kept Cornwall on for longer because I loved it so much! But then I am one for putting a layer of topcoat on everyday or every other day just to make it last longer and keep it all nice and shiny! xx

      Delete
  4. fab swatches hun! these look great. i have the feather one from the tsv we got and i love that cos it can be quite glam over dark polish xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catrine! I have that one too, haven't tried it out yet but I'm looking forward to giving it a go maybe over a black or a grey do you think? xx

      Delete
  5. Wow, these are stunning!
    And I really like your pics <3
    They make me want it ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look really nice on you!

    I agree they need TONS of topcoat to get smooth - I ended up using a layer of basecoat between each layer of Feathers and then three layers of topcoat. I was happy with the end result though (I tried Chester over off-white), worth the effort. I want to try it again over a dark colour soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've just had a look at your lovely swatches of Chester, they look really good. I do like the look of Chester over white, I will definitely try that next :-) x

      Delete
  7. I have found that this site is very informative, interesting and very well written. keep up the nice high quality writing. Chicwish

    ReplyDelete